Member, Grand Board of Trustees
Professor Sir Akanfe Kolapo IGE. B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D, D.Sc, PostDoc
FICWLS, MNDKOAF, MNDKOAM, MNDKOEU, KOOJC, KOGH,FCIEMA, FCITM, FICEN, FICAN, FPFM, LONDON, FOEBAN, FRecon.
145 W 99TH STREET, LOS ANGELES. CA 90003| +1 818 301 8851|
email@example.com ; Profkolapoige15@gmail.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Motivating and talented Economics and Management Professor driven to inspire Students to pursue academic and personal excellence. Consistently strive to create a challenging and engaging learning environment in which students become life-long scholars and learners. Exceptional track record of research success with multiple published articles.
He has been appointed Professor of Economics and Econometrics at the West Coast University since February, 2014 and a member of WCU International Management Council (IMC).
Born at Ogbagbaa-Iwo, Osun state. Nigeria-West Africa; he attended Divisional Teachers’ College, Ipetumodu, Ile-Ife between 1978 and 1980; Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun, 1981-1984; University of Jos, Plateau State, 1988-1991; Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, 1995-1998; Adam Smith University, Liberia 2003-2007; West Coast University, Panama. Central America, 2012-2014 where he bagged his Post Doctorate Degree in Econometrics.
Professor Sir Kolapo Ige holds Bachelor, Masters’ and Doctorate Degrees in Economics with specializations in Empirical Labour Economics and Applied Econometrics. He also holds Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degree in Management with concentration in Finance from Akamai University, Hilo. Hawaii. United States of America
Professor Sir Kolapo is a proud member of a plethora of several professional Organizations including Organization of Economists and Business Analysts of Nigeria; Harvard International Hall of Fame, USA; Global Organization for Scientific Research, Education and Academic Development, England and Wales; Institute of Professional Financial Managers, London; Faculty of secretaries and Administrators, United Kingdom; Institute of Corporate Administrators, Nigeria; Chartered Institute of Treasury Management, Nigeria; International Chartered World Learned Society, UK and USA; Chartered Institute of Educational Management and Administration, USA; Africa International Institute for Professional Training and Research International Chartered; Chartered World Order of the Knights of Justice of Peace.
He is a Research Professor and Director of Training, Research, Media and Publicity of the Africa International Institute for Professional Training and Research Intl Chartered. Professor Sir Kolapo is a Research Fellow of the Centre for Econometrics and Allied Research, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. West Africa. A Senior Research Professor and Registrar/Chief Executive Director with the Organization of Economists and Business Analyst of Nigeria; Chairman/CEO Board of Regents, Global Organization for Scientific Research, Education and Academic Development, England and Wales. He is the Vice World Grand Chancellor of the Chartered World Knights Order of Justice of Peace; the Vice World Grand President for International Affairs of the International Chartered World Learned Society and Member World Grand Board of Directors.
Professor Sir Kolapo Ige primary research interests are in Empirical Labour Economics, manpower planning and macro-econometric modeling where he has authored a number of books. As a Researcher, Professor Sir Kolapo has engraved his names in gold. He has more than seventy published journal articles in reputable local and international journals. His books pride titles such as Modern Quantitative Economic Theory; Basic Concepts in Operations Research; Economic Development, Planning and Policy; Basic Mathematics for social and management sciences; Production Economics and The Impact of Policy on Labour Market Adjustment Earnings in Corporate Governance was published in August, 2018 by IUF University Press, Florida. USA.
Professor Sir Kolapo Ige is a recipient of 2011 African AGE (South Africa) International Development Gold Award in Public Services.
- Accomplished researcher in Economics and Management
- Resourceful academic advisor
- Innovative thinker
- Graduate mentor
- Curriculum development
- Econometrics Society Member
- Engaging public speaker
- Inspiring lecturer
- Personable and approachable
- Authored numerous articles published in prestigious journals including journal of contemporary Business ethics and Management, European journal of Humanity and Social sciences
- Procurement of CBN grant for the University
- Guide students in using technology to support research
- Foster students’ commitment to life-long learning by connecting course materials to broader themes, important moments in history, and current events.
- Collaborated with admissions on establishing prerequisites for undergraduate and graduate students
- Mentoring and supervising Ph.D students on research writing
- Taught introductory and upper level courses in Economics and Econometrics
- Wrote course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts
- Demonstrated a continued commitment to undergraduate teaching through full participation in the college community
- External examiner ( Economics) for Universities
- Assessment of candidate for professorial chair in Economics